RT-300, Prescribed Fire Burn Boss Refresher, N/A
This refresher is intended to update qualified and trainee Prescribed Fire Burn Bosses at all complexity levels on current issues and recent developments related to prescribed fire while reinforcing existing skills and knowledge.
Use training and reference materials to review and discuss:
- Prescribed fire risk management, prescribed fire escapes, and hazard mitigations.
- Prescribed fire successes and how to repeat them.
- Innovations in prescribed fire planning and implementation.
- Fire behavior modeling.
- Smoke management requirements, modeling improvements, and techniques.
- National, regional, and local prescribed fire policy updates and issues of importance to prescribed fire practitioners.
Suggested Additional Topics
- Prescribed fire related safe coms and safe nets.
- Changes or updates to agency-specific requirements.
- Regional, state, local air quality issues (non-attainment, regional haze rule, exceptional events, etc.).
- Fire effects monitoring.
- Fire ecology.
RT-300 is available as classroom instructor-led training.
Course Components and Hours to Complete
|Course Component||Course Time|
Nationally advertised course sessions can be found by searching for RT-300 on the National Wildland Fire Training website. Contact your local Training Officer for more information about local course sessions.
Prerequisite Qualifications and Training
- Interagency Prescribed Fire Planning and Implementation Procedures Guide, PMS 484, https://www.nwcg.gov/publications/484
- Wildland Fire Lessons Learned Center: https://www.wildfirelessons.net/home
- Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher: https://www.nwcg.gov/publications/training-courses/rt-130/wfstar-catalog