RX-301, Prescribed Fire Implementation
This course is designed to introduce students to the tools and techniques used to perform in the role of a Prescribed Fire Burn Boss. The course material is based on the tasks found in the position task book for Prescribed Fire Burn Boss. It leads the student through the duties and responsibilities associated with the position of the prescribed fire burn boss including evaluation and implementation of a prescribed fire plan.
- Provide students with the information needed to successfully review a prescribed fire burn plan for technical accuracy and implement a prescribed burn.
Personnel desiring to be qualified as Prescribed Fire Burn Boss Type 2 (RXB2).
RX-301 is available as classroom instructor-led training.
Course Components and Hours to Complete
|Course Component||Course Time|
Nationally advertised course sessions can be found by searching for RX-301 on the National Wildland Fire Training website. Contact your local Training Officer for more information about local course sessions.
Prerequisite Qualifications and Training
- Qualified as a Firing Boss, single resource (FIRB) and Incident Commander Type 4 (ICT4).
- S-390, Introduction to Wildland Fire Behavior Calculations.
- Proficient in the use of BehavePlus.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-selection assessment.
- Students desiring to take both RX-341, Prescribed Fire Plan Preparation, and RX-301, Prescribed Fire Implementation will benefit from taking RX-341 first.
Regional, state, or area
Associated Position Task Books
Information not available at this time.