RX-341, Prescribed Fire Plan Preparation, 2009
The purpose of RX-341, Prescribed Fire Plan Preparation, is to provide students with the skills/knowledge to prepare a prescribed fire plan for technical review and approval in accordance with the Interagency Prescribed Fire Planning and Implementation Procedures Guide, PMS 484.
- Describe prescribed fire planning policies and guidelines.
- Identify and describe the processes involved in preparing a prescribed fire plan.
- Develop and defend a prescribed fire plan that safely meets management objectives.
Personnel desiring to be qualified as Prescribed Fire Burn Boss Type 2 (RXB2). Other positions that would benefit from the course are Firing Boss (FIRB) and Fire Effects Monitor (FEMO). Additionally, agencies, organizations, or personnel who are involved in the preparation, implementation, or review of prescribed fire plans, such as air regulators, fire ecologist, landowners, prescribed fire consultants, fire planners, and others, may also benefit from the course.
RX-341 is available as classroom instructor-led training. For information on the approved combined delivery option of RX-301 and RX-341 see https://www.nwcg.gov/
Course Components and Hours to Complete
|Course Component||Course Time|
Nationally advertised course sessions can be found by searching for RX-341 on the National Wildland Fire Training website. Contact your local Training Officer for more information about local course sessions.
Prerequisite Qualifications and Training
- Successful completion of S-390, Introduction to Wildland Fire Behavior Calculations.
- Proficient in the use of BehavePlus. Satisfactory completion of pre-selection assessment.
- In addition to the above:
- Fire personnel must be qualified as Incident Commander Type 4 (ICT4).
- Resource personnel must have knowledge of fire suppression principles and techniques.
- Students desiring to take both RX-341, Prescribed Fire Plan Preparation, and RX-301, Prescribed Fire Implementation, will benefit from taking RX-341 first.
Regional, state, or area