S-110, Basic Wildland Fire Orientation, 2015
This course is designed for personnel without previous wildland fire position experience. Additional information about the course can be found on the Overview page.
This is an NWCG-certified course. Click here to view the NWCG certification statement for this course.
- Complete the online course (instructions below), which includes watching the video and taking an exam, (estimate 15 minutes). You will be directed to the National Fire Academy (NFA) Online website.
- You will need an NFA Online account to take this course; follow directions on the NFA Online website to obtain an account.
- Search for course title in the catalog and add the online course to your “To-Do-List.” The NFA Online learning management system will track your progress.
- Print the NWCG certificate of completion (instructions below). Keep the certificate as proof of successful completion of the course.
Note: If you have difficulty viewing the S-110 video through NFA or YouTube, use this link: https://training.nwcg.gov/dl/s110/S110_2013_November.wmv
1. Confirm the installed Adobe Reader is the current version for the browser you are using: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
2. To print the online course completion certificate, log into your NFA Online account.
From your Home Page select "View All" in the "Completed Work" pod.
3. Hover mouse over the title of the course, wait for pop-up and select "Print Certificate":