S-200, Initial Attack Incident Commander
This course is designed to meet the training needs of the incident commander type 4 (ICT4). It is presented in a discussion/exercise format. The six instructional units include Foundation Skills; Intelligence Gathering and Documentation; Size Up the Incident; Develop a Plan of Action; Post-fire Activities; Evaluating Incident Objectives and Manage the Incident. Evaluation of the student is by unit tests and performance based evaluations.
- Demonstrate effective foundation skills (leadership, risk management, and communications) at the ICT4 level.
- Gather and document essential information about the incident.
- Size up the incident, develop plan of action.
- Manage the incident through effective leadership.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate plan of action and make adjustments to the plan when necessary.
- Conduct post-fire activities.
Personnel desiring to be qualified as Incident Commander Type 4 (ICT4).
S-200 is available as classroom instructor-led training.
Course Components and Hours to Complete
|Course Component||Course Time|
Nationally advertised course sessions can be found by searching for S-200 on the National Wildland Fire Training website. Contact your local Training Officer for more information about local course sessions.
Prerequisite Qualifications and Training
- Qualified as any single resource boss.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-course work.
Associated Position Task Books
Incident Commander Type 4 (PMS 311-03)