Attention All Students Taking NWCG Courses
You may be aware that many of the NWCG Courses (S190, S130, L180, etc.) on NFA Online Self Study are not working. We have learned that this is due to an update to ActiveX and the browsers/operating systems.
We apologize for the frustration this has caused all of you! We have been actively working on this issue since March 3rd. We have found a workaround using the CHROME Browser.
First before you begin, make sure you have the Adobe Flash Player installed and it is up to date. To download or update go to: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ If your Flash Player needs updated, you MUST restart your computer before opening the browser.
If you have not already done so, please download the latest CHROME Browser and follow the configuration settings below.
- You must configure CHROME each time you launch the content. CHROME will not save these Flash Player configurations permanently. Sorry, we know it’s a pain but that’s the workaround for now.
- If you have already tried CHROME but it didn’t work, please clear your cache and cookies before proceeding with these configuration changes!
Log into your NFA/NWCG Online Self Study account using the CHROME browser and do the following:
Allow Site to Run Flash:
- Within CHROME, at the top right, click More then Settings.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Site Settings.
- Click Flash.
- At the top, turn off Block sites from running Flash (recommended). It should have "ASK FIRST" enabled now.
Launch the course you want to take and from the Content Window do the following:
To Run Flash on a Website:
- To the left of the web address, click Lock or Info icon.
- In the new tab, to the right of "Flash," click the Down arrow icon then Allow.
- Click “Reload” to apply the Flash.