S-236, Heavy Equipment Boss, 2013
This is a skill course designed to meet the training needs of a Heavy Equipment Boss, Single Resource (HEQB) on an incident as outlined in the NIMS: Wildland Fire Qualification System Guide, PMS 310-1, and the position task book developed for the position. Primary considerations are tactical use and safety precautions required to establish and maintain an effective dozer operation. A field exercise is required as part of the course.
- Identify the administrative duties and procedures required of an HEQB.
- Identify and demonstrate the heavy equipment inspection process and related duties of an HEQB.
- Demonstrate the actions required of an HEQB to safely and effectively complete an assignment.
- Discuss relevant information and methods for communication and tactics related to heavy equipment.
- Identify the process of preparing for an all-hazard assignment.
Personnel desiring to be qualified as Heavy Equipment Boss, Single Resource (HEQB).
S-236 is available as classroom instructor-led training.
Instructor-Led Components and Hours to Complete
|Course Component||Course Time|
Nationally advertised course sessions can be found by searching for S-236 on the National Wildland Fire Training website. Contact your local Training Officer for more information about local course sessions.
Prerequisite Qualifications and Training
- Qualified as Firefighter Type 1 (FFT1).
- Satisfactory completion of pre-course work.