S-290, Intermediate Wildland Fire Behavior, 2010
This instructor-led course has pre-course work and a pre-selection assessment (estimate 5 hours). Additional information about the course can be found on the Overview page.
- Complete the pre-course work.
- Complete the pre-selection assessment (pre-qualifying test).
- You must obtain a score of 70% or higher to pass the pre-selection assessment in order to attend the course.
- Use the reference materials below to complete the pre-course work and pre-selection assessment. The reference materials below are also available on the S-290 Student CD.
- Wildland Fire Incident Management Field Guide, PMS 210
- NWCG Fireline Handbook, Appendix B, PMS 410-2
- Basic Land Navigation, PMS 475
- Fire Weather Handbook, PMS 425-1
- Aids to Determining Fuel Models
- Fire Environment Visualization
- FLAME in a Nutshell
- S-190 Student Workbook
- Safety Zones
- Standard Fire Behavior Fuel Models
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: