S-330, Task Force / Strike Team Leader, 2014
This course is designed to meet the training requirements outlined in NIMS: Wildland Fire Qualification System Guide, PMS 310-1 and the position task books developed for the positions of Task Force Leader and Strike Team Leader. Most examples and exercises in this package are specific to wildland fire suppression, although some all-hazards exercises are included.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply the Risk Management Process found in the Incident Response Pocket Guide (IRPG), PMS 461 to various incidents.
- Identify and describe the responsibilities of a Task Force/Strike Team Leader (TFLD/STRC, STEN, STEQ).
- Demonstrate the ability to apply appropriate tactics with assigned resources organized into strike teams or task forces.
Personnel desiring to be qualified as task force leader (TFLD) or any strike team leader.
S-330 is available as classroom instructor-led training.
Course Components and Hours to Complete
|Course Component||Course Time|
Nationally advertised course sessions can be found by searching for S-330 on the National Wildland Fire Training website. Contact your local Training Officer for more information about local course sessions.
Prerequisite Qualifications and Training
- Qualified as any single resource boss.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-selection assessment and pre-course work.
Regional, state, or area
Associated Position Task Books
Strike Team Leader Crew, Strike Team Leader Heavy Equipment, Strike Team Leader Engine, Task Force Leader (PMS 311-10)