S-339, Division / Group Supervisor, 2015
This instructor-led course has pre-course work (estimate 4-8 hours). Additional information about the course can be found on the Overview page.
The pre-course work is a professional reading assignment. Students are required to buy and read the material in advance of the Instructor-led portion of S-339. The Cadre will lead a discussion based upon information found in the book. This information will coincide with the learning objectives for this course.
Students will be called upon individually or in group format in order to render opinions based on the following reading: The Mission, the Men, and Me: Lessons from a former Delta Force Commander (New York: Dutton Caliber; 2008), Pete Blaber
- Written by a retired Delta Force Officer, the book highlights the guiding principles and insights gained through a career of Special Operations around the world.
- Class discussion on how the following “Guiding Principles” are integrated into Interagency Fire Operations and Supervision.
- Guiding Principles from the Book:
- When in doubt, develop the situation.
- Imagine the unimaginable, humor your imagination.
- It’s not reality unless it’s shared.
- Don’t get treed by a Chihuahua.
These materials are for instructor-led delivery.
Click the individual links to download material or download all materials in one zip file (note zip file is 349 MB).
The Instructor Guide may contain references to appendices with presentations, exams, or ordering information. All materials from the course CD/DVD/USB are available here under the appropriate content title. While the CD/DVD/USB for this course is no longer sold through the cache, other materials might be. Reference the NWCG NFES Catalog - Part 2: Publications, PMS 449-2.
|Unit 1: Division and Group Management|
|Unit 2: Division Operations|
|Unit 3: All Hazard|
|Unit 4: Tactical Decision Games/Scenarios|
|Unit 5: Interaction|
Course Coordinators, Lead Instructors or Unit Training Officers may email firstname.lastname@example.org for access to the final exam and answer key. The request must come from an official NWCG partner email address.