S-340, Human Resource Specialist, 2011
This course is designed to equip an individual with the technical skills and knowledge needed to fulfill the role of Human Resource Specialist (HRSP) on emergency incidents. The primary purpose of the HRSP is to assist the Incident Management Team in maintaining a harmonious and professional environment by facilitating the resolution of a wide range of human resource issues.
- Monitor incident activities for violations of appropriate practices and or activities that could lead to violations.
- Inform incident management that inappropriate practices or activities exist.
- Maintain appropriate visibility.
- Assist incident management by providing information on proper incident behavior.
- Advise incident management/supervisors on proper actions to take to alleviate inappropriate practices.
- Assist incident management in resolution of inappropriate acts or conditions by facilitating appropriate process.
- Participate in daily Incident Management Team briefings.
- Provide appropriate documentation of contacts made during the incident.
Personnel desiring to be qualified as a Human Resource Specialist (HRSP).
S-340 is available as classroom instructor-led training.
Course Components and Hours to Complete
|Course Component||Course Time|
Nationally advertised course sessions can be found by searching for S-340 on the National Wildland Fire Training website. Contact your local Training Officer for more information about local course sessions.
Prerequisite Qualifications and Training
Regional, state, or area
Associated Position Task Books
Human Resource Specialist (PMS 311-62)