S-354, Facilities Unit Leader, 2009
Previous Certification Date(s):1999-11
|Title||NFES Number||Product Date||Type||Distribution||Previous Edition|
S-354 Instructor Guide
S-354 CD-ROM Course Materials
S-354 Student Workbook
Both the Fireline Handbook, PMS 410-1, and the Wildland Fire Incident Management Field Guide, PMS 210, are now discontinued. Existing references to these documents will need to be removed from course materials and exams. Any existing paper copies of exams are now outdated. Course Coordinators, Lead Instructors, or Unit Training Officers may request access to the final exam and answer key by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All emailed requests must come from an official NWCG partner email address.
The following update is suggested for the S-354 final exam:
- Question #5: List four duties of a Facilities Unit Leader: (4 pts)
- Answer: unchanged
Due to changes to the National Mobile Facilities contract, the following updates need to be made to Unit 4 of the course:
- pg. 4.6, 4 – optional equipment is not in the new National Mobile Facilities contract; the instructor can talk about other avenues, such as BPA.
- pg. 4.7, 5, 2nd bullet – delete the word “vehicle” and insert “unit”.
- pg. 4.8, b – delete Alaska; Alaska is no longer listed in the contract.
- pg. 4.8, c – emphasize that optional equipment can only be ordered with BPA or EERA and not under contract.
- pg. 4.9, 3a, 4th bullet – delete dust control.
- pg. 4.13, c, 1st bullet – refer to C.1.5.12, should be C.1.5.11.
- pg. 4.15, 1, 2nd bullet – release and/or reassignment, C.2.1.2, should be C.2.3.
- pg. 4.15, 1, 3rd bullet – required information when placing orders, C.2.1.4 should be C.2.1.
- pg. 4.15 – under Required information, when placing orders, add large capacity or small capacity shower needed.
- pg. 4.16, 1st bullet – required lead time after ordering, no longer in contract, delete; as well as next statement, Two hour pg. 4.16, 2.
- pg. 4.16 – procedure for canceling…, C.2.2, should be C.2.3 and C.2.5.
- pg. 4.16 – highlighted ANSWER says C.2.2.2, should be C.2.5.2.
- pg. 4.16 – relocation, C.2.3, should be C.2.6.
- pg. 4.16, 4 – delete all 4 bullets; they refer to optional contract equipment.
- pg. 4.18, 5 – ordering intermittent use of contractor’s water vehicle, C.2.5, should be C.2.8.
- pg. 4.19, C – need to add large capacity and small capacity definitions.
- pg. 4.19, 4th bullet – C.3.1.4, should be C.18.104.22.168, C.22.214.171.124, and C.3.2.1.
- pg. 4.19 – 101 degrees, should be 110 degrees.
- pg. 4.21, 3 – remove “Be level with the shower stalls”; also 3rd bullet should say“Capable of accommodating as many people as there are shower heads.”
- pg. 4.21, 4, 2nd bullet – C.3.4.1, should be C.3.4.2.
- pg. 4.22, 1st bullet – optional water vehicle…, can be deleted as well as 5, handwashing (optional); they are no longer listed in the contract.
- pg. 4.22, D – section D.1.4, should be D.1.1 and D.1.3.
- pg. 4.26, 5 & 6 – delete; they refer to optional vehicles.
- pg. 4.26, 7 – misc. charges and credits, G.7, should be G.5.
- pg. 4.27, 7 – last paragraph under Government will reimburse…, G.7.5, should be G.5.4.
- pg. 4.27, 8 – payment procedures, G.8, should be Section G.6.
- pg. 4.29 – hot Cap Exercise, update vendor; Bishops should be Northside Mobile Services. Updating invoices would help also.
- pg. 4.30, I. – delegation of Authority is no longer listed in the contract; remove the 3 bullet items that reference Section J.
- pg. 4.31 – explorer Fire Exercise is no longer valid; it pertains to optional vehicles that the contractor brings. Deleted or amended to make it feasible.
- pg. 4.33, J – common invoice mistakes, 1st bullet, Missing proper signatures G.8, 8.2, should be G.6.2.
- pg. 4.33, 5th bullet – delete; refers to supplemental items in the food contract.
- pg. 4.33, 7th bullet – delete; refers to supplemental items in the food contract.
- Final test question #12. Needs to say ‘What are the minimum specifications for a large capacity shower unit for the following:', so the answer will still match.
- Students Workbook will have the same corrections as the Instructors Guide.
- Slides 04-13-S354-PPT and 04-14-S354-PPT refer to optional equipment offered under the National Mobile Facilities contract; this contract no longer has Optional Equipment offered. If optional equipment is needed, go through the ordering procedure using BPA and not the contract.
- Slide 04-15-S354-PPT, 2nd bullet shows “vehicle” identification number, it now should say “unit” identification number.
- Slide 04-17-S354-PPT statement is made to “use local hires first”, this now should just state “use local hires” as it currently is not an option to use contractor equipment under this contract.
- Slide 04-20-S354-PPT delete “dust control” under Government Furnished Supplies; dust control is a contractor responsibility.
- Slide 04-28-S354-PPT refer to section C.1.5.12, should be C.1.5.11.
- Slide 04-32-S354-PPT refer to section C.2.1.1, should be C.2.3.
- Slide 04-33-S354-PPT refer to C.2.1.4, should be C.2.1.
- Slide 04-34-S354-PPT talks about 2 hour mobilization time, which is no longer in the contract, Job Code should be the only thing left on that page.
- Slide 04-35-S354-PPT refer to section C.2.2, should be C.2.3 and C.2.5.
- Slide 04-36-S354-PPT refer to section C.2.3, should be C.2.6.
- Slide 04-37-S354-PPT refers to optional equipment; delete slide.
- Slide 04-38-S354-PPT refers to optional equipment; delete slide or make a statement to the group if you get EERA/BPA equipment, it will need to be inspected.
- Slide 04-39-S354-PPT refer to section C.2.5, should be C.2.8.
- Slide 04-43-S354-PPT should say “Large capacity units shall have a minimum 12 shower heads with 20 psi pressure and 2 gallons per minute flow. Small capacity units shall have a minimum of 4 and maximum of 11 shower heads with 20 psi pressure and 2 gallons per minute flow. Eight wash basins and mirrors outside the shower unit for large capacity units, and four wash basins and mirrors outside the shower unit for small capacity units.
- Slide 04-43-S354-PPT refer to section C.3.1.4, should be C.126.96.36.199, C.188.8.131.52 and C.3.2.1.
- Slide 04-44-S354-PPT 101 degrees, should be 110 degrees.
- Slide 04-48-S354-PPT remove “Be level with the shower stalls”, the 3rd bullet should say “Capable of accommodating as many people as there are shower heads.”
- Slide 04-51-S354-PPT refers to optional equipment; delete slide.
- Slide 04-52-S354-PPT refers to optional equipment; delete slide.
- Slide 04-53-S354-PPT refer to section D.1.4, should be D.1.1 and D.1.3.
- Slide 04-60-S354-PPT refers to payments for optional equipment; delete slide.
- Slide 04-61-S354-PPT refers to payments for optional equipment; delete slide.
- Slide 04-65-S354-PPT refer to section G.8, should be G.6.
- Slide 04-69-S354-PPT Delegation of Authority is no longer in the contract; delete slide.
Applies to 2009 Version.