S-357, Food Unit Leader
This course is designed to meet the training needs of a Food Unit Leader (FDUL). Topics include information about the assignment, coordination, general information, safe food handling, national contract administration, alternate feeding methods, and demobilization. A significant portion of this course is devoted to examining the administration of the National Mobile Food Services Contract as it applies to the FDUL.
- Arrive at incident properly equipped, gather information to assess the assignment, and begin initial planning activities of the food unit leader.
- Staff and organize the food unit to meet the needs of the incident.
- Coordinate with the logistics units and other sections to assist in accomplishing the overall objectives of the food unit.
- Identify safe food handling practices.
- Utilize the National Mobile Food Services Contract to ensure appetizing, well-balanced meals are provided to the government.
Personnel desiring to be qualified as Food Unit Leader (FDUL).
S-357 is available as classroom instructor-led training.
Course Components and Hours to Complete
|Course Component||Course Time|
Nationally advertised course sessions can be found by searching for S-357 on the National Wildland Fire Training website. Contact your local Training Officer for more information about local course sessions.
Prerequisite Qualifications and Training
Satisfactory completion of pre-course work.
Regional, state, or area
Associated Position Task Books
Facilities Unit Leader, Communications Unit Leader, Food Unit Leader, Ground Support Unit Leader, Medical Unit Leader, Supply Unit Leader (PMS 311-34)