S-357, Food Unit Leader, 2008
This course is designed to meet the training needs of a Food Unit Leader (FDUL). Topics include information about the assignment, coordination, general information, safe food handling, national contract administration, alternate feeding methods, and demobilization. A significant portion of this course is devoted to examining the administration of the National Mobile Food Services Contract as it applies to the FDUL.
- Arrive at incident properly equipped, gather information to assess the assignment, and begin initial planning activities of the food unit leader.
- Staff and organize the food unit to meet the needs of the incident.
- Coordinate with the logistics units and other sections to assist in accomplishing the overall objectives of the food unit.
- Identify safe food handling practices.
- Utilize the National Mobile Food Services Contract to ensure appetizing, well-balanced meals are provided to the government.
Personnel desiring to be qualified as Food Unit Leader (FDUL).
S-357 is available as classroom instructor-led training.
Course Components and Hours to Complete
|Course Component||Course Time|
Nationally advertised course sessions can be found by searching for S-357 on the National Wildland Fire Training website. Contact your local Training Officer for more information about local course sessions.
Prerequisite Qualifications and Training
Satisfactory completion of pre-course work.
Regional, state, or area