S-390, Introduction to Wildland Fire Behavior Calculations, 2007
This instructor-led course has pre-course work (estimate 8-10 hours) and a pre-selection assessment (estimate 2 hours). Additional information about the course can be found on the Overview page.
- Complete the pre-course work. (Note: The URL at the bottom of screen 55 of the tutorial entitled “S-390 Pre-Qualifying Test” links to the NFA Online website.)
- (Note: Listed below are Attachment references that are broken links in the pre-course work. Use the following links for the course and exam.)
- (Note: The following document is the current document replacing 410-1 in the Attachment references in the pre-course work.)
- Print the Hellroaring map. You will use this map to answer questions on the test.
- Take the S-390 Pre-Qualifing Test by linking to the online training logon (below). You will be directed to the National Fire Academy (NFA) Online website. You will need an NFA Online account to take this course; follow directions on the NFA Online website to obtain an account and register in the NWCG domain. Search for course title in the catalog and add the online S-390 Pre-Qualifing Test to your “To-Do-List.” The NFA Online learning management system will track your progress.
Note: When registering in NFA Online to take the online Pre-Course Work Test, be sure to register in the “NWCG” domain in order to find the S-203 Pre-Course Work Test in the catalog.
- You must obtain a passing score of 70% or higher to receive a certificate of completion.
- Print the certificate and submit it as directed in your course selection letter.
- Use the reference materials listed below to complete the pre-course work and pre-qualifying test.
1. Confirm the installed Adobe Reader is the current version for the browser you are using: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
2. To print the online course completion certificate, log into your NFA Online account.
From your Home Page select "View All" in the "Completed Work" pod.
3. Hover mouse over the title of the course, wait for pop-up and select "Print Certificate":