The Interagency Airspace Subcommittee (IASC) provides national leadership in airspace coordination issues for the NWCG member agencies. The IASC promotes and enables safe, effective, and standardized flight missions within the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Develop and disseminate materials that contribute to clear and mutual understanding of airspace use and related issues.
- Provide aviation managers and dispatchers with the necessary resources to enhance aircraft coordination within the national airspace.
- Promote safe, consistent, and standardized approaches to address airspace coordination responsibilities in the airspace that overflies the public and private lands protected by the member agencies.
- Identify airspace management and coordination responsibilities among the entities that manage and share the national airspace including the Federal Aviation Administration, military, and participating state and local agencies.
Dedicated to providing information so land management agencies can safely use the National Airspace System
This safety oriented website is dedicated to airspace issues involving USDA-Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management. Airspace issues are constantly changing as a result of our current national situation. Temporary Flight Restrictions are not only for wildfire or disaster related situations but now encompass homeland security issues and public safety.
Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFR) graphical depictions and TFR NOTAM (Notification to Airmen) text are available from a variety of sources. It is important to be aware of how often the websites are updated as TFRs can (and do) frequently change.
Pilots should always obtain current flight information from the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration). A complete pre-flight briefing should always be obtained before attempting any flight in the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Federal Wildland Fire Temporary Tower Request Form
- Interagency Request for Temporary Flight Restriction
- Aircraft Conflict Initial Report (draft form)
- Reporting an UAS Intrusion Form
- Becoming an Airspace Coordinator
- NWCG UAS Incursion Protocol for Wildland Firefighters Decision Tree (from NWCG Standards for Fire Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operations, PMS 515).