The Operations and Training Committee (OTC) provides national leadership in the development and maintenance of incident management standards, position standards and associated training.
The Operations and Training Committee (OTC) provides national leadership in the development and maintenance of incident management standards, position standards and associated training. Primary objectives include:
- In coordination with NWCG committees and other SMEs, develop, approve and disseminate standards and best practices for wildland fire incident management.
- Establish the structure and business processes by which NWCG position standards are established and maintained.
- Establish the structure and business processes by which the NWCG committees, NWCG training Development Program and others, develop revise and deliver NWCG Training.
- In coordination with NWCG committees and other SMEs, develop, approve and disseminate minimum requirements for training, experience, physical fitness level, and currency standards for wildland fire positions to support successful position performance.
- Ensure that NWCG ICS position standards are compliant with NIMS requirements.
- Work with Incident Qualifications and Certification System (IQCS) and Incident Qualification System (IQS) leads to ensure these business systems support and maintain established standards.
Request for Change Form
Requests for adding a new NWCG position,changes to current position qualifications, or changes to operational policy must be submitted on a Request for Change Form (RFC) to the Operations Training Committee (OTC). OTC roster is located on the left navigation bar.
Change requests will only be accepted from NWCG member agencies, Geographic Area Coordinating Groups (GACG's), GATRs, NMAC, NWCG committees, and the NWCG Training Development Program.
All change requests must come through an OTC member. The OTC member will ensure the change request is interagency in scope and meets an identified need prior to submitting the request to the entire committee.
Change requests will typically be addressed at the next scheduled OTC meeting. Some decisions require coordination with other NWCG committees/groups. OTC may request a presentation at their next scheduled meeting if more information or discussion is warranted.
Once a decision has been reached, the committee will inform the requestor of the decision and document the decision on the RFC form.
- Requesting Change: Check one or more boxes, indicate who is requesting the change. For GACG, State or Committee, indicate which one.
- Contact Information: Please provide the name, agency, home unit, telephone number, and email address of the person initiating the request so the committee may make contact for additional information, if necessary.
- Description of the Proposal: Briefly describe the proposed change in sufficient detail that the committee can understand. If you have additional information to support the proposal, attach it with the request.
- Description of the Issue: Describe the issue the proposal is intended to address or reason for the change. Provide background of how the issue arose.
- Why is the change being requested?
- What problem is it expected to solve?
- What are the expected outcomes?
- Is the change safety related?
- Any cost savings?
- Systems Affected by the Change: What ICS function, operations, information technology, etc. does the requested change address?
- Is there a Training Component Related to this Request? Briefly describe the proposed change to a training component in sufficient detail so that the committee can understand it.
Training and Qualifications