NWCG Training Development Program
The NWCG Training Development Program provides national leadership in the development and delivery of the NWCG wildland fire training curriculum. The NWCG training curriculum is one of the primary vehicles by which NWCG standards are transmitted to the wildland fire community. The training curriculum includes classroom, online, and on-the-job training components. Primary objectives include:
- Develop and disseminate high quality, relevant wildland fire training in a cost-effective manner to support the needs of the wildland fire community.
- Develop and disseminate wildland fire position task books based on established position competencies and behaviors.
- Ensure that qualification requirements, training courses, and position task books are aligned.
- Establish and implement an effective and efficient curriculum management process.
- Provide direction and support to NWCG subgroups with curriculum maintenance responsibilities.
- Work with the NWCG Operations and Training Committee, Geographic Area Training Representatives, FEMA, National Advanced Fire and Resource Institute, the Lessons Learned Center, and other pertinent entities to maximize effectiveness and efficiency in all areas of wildland firefighter training.