Web Platform Guidance and Support
NWCG supports member needs with three web-based platforms – the NWCG website, the NWCG learning portal, and FireNet. The NWCG website provides universal access to all NWCG public-facing content. The NWCG Wildland Fire Learning Portal, currently under development, is a learning management system intended to enable training providers and users to manage and track training information. FireNet is a web environment with the security of a .gov site that enables NWCG partners to meet business needs for collaboration. More information and direction on each of these platforms is provided below.
The NWCG website (https://www.nwcg.gov) provides universal access to all public-facing NWCG content, including the NWCG mission, membership, organizational structure, operations standards, position standards, training courses, and publications inventory. The website enables the NWCG mission by making NWCG standards and all associated materials fully interconnected, easily accessible, and readily available for reference. This includes:
- Standards publications,
- Incident Position Descriptions,
- Training presentations and supporting materials,
- Forms and checklists,
- Position Task Books, and
- How-to videos.
Use the NWCG website to publish and access all public-facing NWCG information. Provide input on all website content through the feedback channels available on the site.
Do not use the NWCG website for collaborative work that involves sharing draft files and information that is not yet ready for external reference; use FireNet for these purposes.
POC: Nancie Turner
NWCG Wildland Fire Learning Portal
The NWCG Wildland Fire Learning Portal (WFLP) is a learning management system (LMS) intended to enable training providers and users to manage and track training information, including:
- Training schedules,
- Student nominations and registration,
- Self-directed (online) training courses,
- Pre-course work for instructor-led (classroom) training courses,
- Simulations, exams, and other instructor-specific materials,
- Local enhancements as per NWCG Standards for Course Delivery, PMS 901-1, and
- Student assessment and performance tracking.
POC: Jeff Hughes
FireNet is a web environment with the security of a .gov site. FireNet enables NWCG partners to meet their business needs for collaboration. FireNet facilitates intergovernmental teamwork by providing a collaborative workspace to message, schedule, share, review, develop, and store materials among federal, tribal, state, local, and territorial stakeholders in support of national wildland fire management.
Due to limited availability, FireNet accounts are being prioritized for dispatch centers and Incident Management Team support.
- Visit the FireNet website for more information about use of FireNet.
- Use FireNet for file sharing, document development, and other internal activities.
- The Next Generation FireNet is coming soon. The latest news on the transition is available here.
- Questions about transition of content to this platform can be directed to email@example.com.
- Do not use FireNet for: committee/subgroup homepages; mission-related, external-facing content; or standards and associated training and performance support materials. Use the NWCG website for these.
POC: Jesse Bender