NWCG is committed to meeting the requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C 794d), as amended. Section 508 is a federal law that requires agencies to provide individuals with equal access to electronic information and data comparable to those who do not have disabilities, unless an undue burden would be imposed on the agency. If you require assistance or wish to report an issue related to the accessibility of any content on this website, please contact us or your NWCG representative. Please include the web address or URL and the specific problem encountered.
Guide and Related Information:
- Guidelines on Creating 508 Compliant Documents/PDFs for Posting on the NWCG Website
- Adobe Document: Creating accessible PDF documents withAdobe® InDesign® CS6
- 508 Webinars:
NWCG complies with existing laws and directives that address the digital, copyrights, trademark, and patent rights of the public.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- Copyright Law
- U.S. Trademark Law
- U.S. Patent Law, U.S. Code 35, Chapter 26
NWCG follows the linking policy implemented by our member organizations.
- Reference the DOI policy at: https://www.doi.gov/public/Linking-Policy
- Reference the USDA policy at: https://www.usda.gov/policies-and-links
NWCG guidance for the management of documents, data, and the protection of government records. Individuals handling NWCG or incident records are responsible for managing them responsibly and according to the law and regulation. Information is provided for the following:
- Guidance for the creation, maintenance, and disposition of NWCG records, and
- Agency policy and guidance to incident management teams for the creation, maintenance, and disposition of incident records.