Comp for Injury Specialist, INJR
- Establishes system for documenting and processing injury/illness claims (differs by type of incident resources).
- Secures all injury/illness documentation.
- Provides information to incident resources on injury/illness documentation requirements.
- Establishes contacts with incident agency and medical facilities to coordinate injury treatment processes.
- Prepares injury/illness documents and authorize medical treatment (Injury logs, reporting forms, CA-16, APMC).
- Identifies and relays issues of concern to supervisor (trends, time loss, missing documentation).
- Distributes injury/illness documents according to established guidelines.
- Insures correct agency forms are utilized.
- Coordinates with appropriate agency(s) on hospitalized personnel.
- Documents follow-up action needed and submit to supervisor.
- Interacts and coordinates with medical unit leader and safety officer.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Satisfactory position performance as a compensation for injury specialist.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: