Equipment Inspector, EQPI
- Has the knowledge to inspect a variety of vehicles, to include busses and other transport vehicles, large trucks and trailers, heavy equipment to include dozers, plows and other suppression equipment, sufficient to detect flaws which could impact the ability of the equipment to function safely. Also protects the government from claims from previous accidents/damage.
- Obtains a briefing from supervisor.
- Provides for the safety and welfare of assigned personnel to the incident.
- Establishes and maintains positive internal and external interpersonal working relationships.
- Inspects vehicles and heavy equipment before and after use by incident.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Basic mechanical understanding of most types of vehicles and heavy equipment.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: