Home / Ad Positions / Operations Section Chief Type 2
Operations Section Chief Type 2, OSC2
- Attends briefing from the Agency Administrator or outgoing Incident Commander.
- Identifies kind, type and number of resources required to achieve control objectives.
- Collects information from outgoing Operations Section Chief, initial Incident Commander or other personnel responsible for incident.
- Prepares for and participates in strategy meetings.
- Evaluates and monitors current situation.
- Observes and reviews current operations to prepare tactics for operational period planning meetings.
- Evaluates urban interface needs.
- Evaluates resource status and tactical needs to determine appropriate resource assignments.
- Participates in preparation of IAP.
- Leads operational period briefings.
- Interacts and coordinates with Command and General Staff.
- Supervises operations organization.
- Coordinates with replacement Operations Section Chief or others.
- Evaluates overall effectiveness of IAP and adjust when necessary.
- Uses fire behavior prediction information to plan and organize tactical operations.
- Updates Incident Commander on current accomplishments and/or problems.
- Reports special events (incidents, accidents, political contracts, property loss or damage, etc.).
- Ensures all personnel and equipment time records are complete and submitted in a timely manner.
- Considers demobilization needs throughout the incident.
- Assists in development and approval of Incident Demobilization Plan.
- Implements Demobilization Plan.
- Ensures that performance ratings are completed as required by the incident or agency policy.
- Participates in Agency Administrator debriefing.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- S-420, Command and General Staff
- I-400, Advanced ICS
- S-430, Operations Section Chief
- S-481, Advanced Management Concepts
- Qualified DIVS
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: