The National Interagency Support Cache Kit Unit (NISC-KU) provides national leadership in all areas of emergency incident response kits that are part of the National Fire Equipment System. Primary duties include:
- Manage kit standards development to increase efficiency of wildland fire and all hazard incident response.
- Review, evaluate, and identify kit related issues; develop and implement corrective actions.
- Manage new kit development and kit change requests. Integrate new or modified kits into the NFES system.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for kit building operations.
- Provide recommendations on enhancing production, safety and efficiency for kit building operations.