The Wildland Urban Interface Mitigation Committee (WUIMC) provides national leadership in wildland urban interface fire mitigation through the promotion and development of fire adapted communities in the wildland urban interface. Primary objectives include:
- Promote fire-adapted wildland urban interface communities by supporting individual and community practices that reduce wildfire risk for communities.
- Facilitate solutions to wildland urban interface fire issues through effective partnerships at all levels.
- Pursue educational opportunities to inform jurisdictional authorities about methods to address wildland urban interface fire.
- Leverage funding organizations for optimal use of investments in wildland urban interface fire solutions.
- Provide oversight for the National Fire Protection Association Firewise project.