The Wildland Urban Interface Mitigation Committee (WUIMC) provides national leadership in wildland urban interface fire mitigation through the promotion and development of fire adapted communities in the wildland urban interface.
- Promote fire-adapted wildland urban interface communities by supporting individual and community practices that reduce wildfire risk for communities.
- Facilitate solutions to wildland urban interface fire issues through effective partnerships at all levels.
- Pursue educational opportunities to inform jurisdictional authorities about methods to address wildland urban interface fire.
- Leverage funding organizations for optimal use of investments in wildland urban interface fire solutions.
- Provide oversight for the National Fire Protection Association Firewise project.
Fire Adapted Communities (FAC):
"Reducing Firefighter Risk Before There is Smoke in the Air"