Air Operations Branch Director
AOBD Qualification Requirements
- Satisfactory performance as an Air Support Group Supervisor (ASGS)
- AND Completion and Certification of NWCG Air Operations Branch Director (AOBD) Position Task Book, PMS 311-17
Physical Fitness Level: None Required
Position does not require a physical fitness level.
These Positions Maintain Currency For AOBD
AOBD Maintains Currency For These Positions
- Air Support Group Supervisor (ASGS)
- Area Command Aviation Coordinator (ACAC)
- Helibase Manager (HEBM)
- Helicopter Manager, Single Resource (HMGB)
Other Training Which Supports Development Of Knowledge And Skills
This is an inherently wildland fire position. All-hazards Air Operations Branch Director need to meet the wildland fire position qualification requirements. Rationale for not endorsing is based on prerequisite experience (e.g., strategic operations, complex air space coordination, complex frequency management, planning strategy and tactics for retardant operations, managing risk).