Fire Behavior Analyst
FBAN Qualification Requirements, 2019
- Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR) (RT-130)
- Advanced Wildland Fire Behavior Calculations (S-490)
- Advanced Fire Behavior Interpretation (S-590)
- Satisfactory performance as a Division/Group Supervisor (DIVS)
- AND Completion and Certification of NWCG Fire Behavior Analyst (FBAN) Position Task Book (PMS 311-29)
Physical Fitness Level: Moderate
Duties involve fieldwork requiring complete control of all physical faculties and may include considerable walking over irregular ground, standing for long periods of time, lifting 25 to 50 pounds, climbing, bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching. Occasional demands may be required for moderately strenuous activities in emergencies over long periods. Individuals usually set their own work pace.
These Positions Maintain Currency For FBAN
FBAN Maintains Currency For These Positions
Other Training Which Supports Development Of Knowledge And Skills
- Intermediate National Fire Danger Rating System (S-491)
Note: If an LTAN meets the prerequisite experience and qualifications of an FBAN, the certifying official may grant the FBAN qualification. Certification must be documented on a “verification/certification” page.