Incident Communications Technician, COMT
- Determines resource needs.
- Prepares and orders necessary personnel and equipment.
- Determines the need for additional communication vendor services, e.g. Telephone, SATCOM, microwave, and identifies associated costs.
- Identifies location for equipment to be installed, e.g. repeaters, telephone lines.
- Provides communications support for data operations and imagery.
- Tests, installs and maintains all components of the communications system to ensure the incident’s system is operational. To include command repeater(s), logistics repeater, remote, UHF link, and aircraft link.
- Identifies operational limitations and restrictions to the Incident Communications Center Manager.
- Obtains a briefing from supervisor, Communications Unit Leader.
- Provides for the safety and welfare of personnel assigned to the incident.
- Establishes and maintains positive internal and external interpersonal working relationships.
- Assigns and maintains records of communication equipment.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Good understanding of capabilities and limitations of different types of communication equipment.
- Successful position performance as a COMT.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: