Contracting Officer Technical Representative, COTR
Coordination & Support
- Represents the Contracting Officer between the national contractors (Shower and Caterer) and the Incident Management Team (IMT).
- Ensures that the national contactors are in compliance with all aspects of the national contract.
- Ensures that the IMT are meeting their responsibilities as identified in the national contract.
- Must be extremely familiar with the National Interagency Mobile Food Service and Shower Facilities Contract.
- Conducts periodic inspections of food service area and water quality control.
- Coordinates with Medical Unit regarding any reported illnesses that could be attributed to the Food Unit.
- Ensures safety and health regulations are known to personnel handling food.
- Monitors contractor’s performance in reference to the contract requirements.
- Reports deviations to the Contracting Office.
- Acts as focal point for correspondence and discussions regarding technical direction of contract.
- Issues technical direction providing specific details.
- Provides clarification of technical directions.
- Monitors contract performance.
- Reviews contractor invoices.
- Assures contractor is performing technical requirements of contract in accordance with contract terms, specifications, conditions.
- Performs final inspection and acceptance of work required under the contract.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- National Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative for Food/Shower Contracts Training.
- Bi-annual attendance at the national COTR workshop.
- Familiarity with food handling and sanitation regulations, OSHA and NEC.
- Designated by national Food/Shower Contracting Officer.
- Satisfactory position performance as COTR.
- Agency certified.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: