Incident Medical Specialist Assistant, IMSA
- Provides general oversight, coordination, and supervision of incident medical support on less complex (Type II) incidents.
- Provides on scene management of traumatic injury medivacs.
- Knows and correctly follows all established protocols for patient evaluation, treatment, documentation, and the use of non-prescription medications.
- Keeps current on incident activities, and is able to respond to requests for medical assistance in a timely and professional manner. (Includes readiness for dispatch to line for medical emergencies).
- Works closely with, and fully supports the Incident Medical Specialist (IMS) manager in the performance of their duties.
- May be delegated additional duties by the IMS manager.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Attends IMS training annually.
- Maintains EMT certification from OR, WA, ID, ND or MT.
- Maintains standards for survival currency.
- Qualified IMS technician.
- R6/R1 steering committee approval.
- Moderates physical fitness level.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: