Incident Medical Specialist Manager, IMSM
- Provides general oversight, coordination, and supervision of incident medical support on incidents.
- Assesses numbers/capabilities and coordinate with local EMS and other health care providers.
- Develops medical unit plans and procedures.
- Prepares all medical reports and submit reports as directed.
- Coordinates emergency medivacs utilizing incident and/or local resources.
- Ensures all medical personnel follow established protocols for patient evaluation, treatment, documentation, and use of non-prescription medications.
- Maintains personal responsibility for prescription medications (i.e. Epi-Pens®) issued under the authority of the advising physician.
- Establishes and organizes the medical field unit to efficiently provide medical care.
- Provides adjunct services, such as coordination of prescription refills or dental support items needed by incident personnel.
- Maintains readiness for dispatch to line for medical emergencies.
- Supervises Incident Medical Specialist (IMS) assistants and other assigned personnel.
- Coordinates physician/hospital visits for personnel needing additional medical care.
- Keeps MEDL informed of any major injuries or illnesses, emergency responses or transports, identified trends of injury or illness among crews, and makes recommendations for no duty/light duty status or medical DEMOB.
- Works closely with COMP to insure accurate and timely completion of forms/documents.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Annual incident medical specialist training
- Maintain EMT certification
- Maintain S-132 Standards for Survival currency
- WCT at moderate level
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: