The Aviation Risk Management Subcommittee (ARMS) provides interagency coordination in aviation risk management. The ARMS promotes and facilitates an interagency approach to aviation risk management principles that help to identify hazards, assess risks and develop successful mitigations to reduce aviation risks.
- Develop nationally recognized and accepted standards, processes, and tools for aviation risk management in aviation operations.
- Evaluate identified aviation safety issues and provide recommendations to the National Interagency Aviation Committee (NIAC).
- Support efforts that will lead to increased knowledge and practical applications related to improvements in aviation risk management.
- Work with pertinent stakeholders to enable and enhance national interagency capability to provide supplemental aviation technical and safety assistance during times of critical overload.
Aviation Safety and Technical Assistance Team (ASTAT) Documents
The following documents are NOT required to be used but are examples of documents which can be edited to meet geographic needs or to meet policy (as needed).
- ASTAT Final Report Example - Great Basin Multi Agency Coordination (docx).
- ASTAT Final Report Example - Great Basin Waterfall Fire Review (docx).
- ASTAT Final Report Example - Pacific Northwest (docx).
- ASTAT Delegation Letter Example - Great Basin (docx).
- ASTAT Delegation Letter Example - Northern Rockies (docx).
- ASTAT Delegation Letter Example - Southwest (docx).
- ASTAT Handbook Example 1 - Southwest (pub).
- ASTAT Handbook Example 2 - Great Basin (pub).