The Data Management Committee (DMC) provides national leadership to develop and support national interagency standards and practices for wildland fire data management.
- Assist the wildland fire business community to identify, define and standardize data that is reliable and accessible for planning, decision support, reporting and research.
- Support the Wildland Fire Information and Technology program by providing oversight and management of data as an enterprise asset.
- Develop standards for wildland fire data, including data requirements, data governance, and data architecture that support a data exchange environment and improved efficiency in operational work and communication processes.
- Contribute to the standardization of information technology systems (such as FireNet, IROC, etc.) to collect and distribute data, processes, forms, and other operational elements.
- Data Cache Requirements Document
- Data Cache Alternatives Analysis
- Recommendations for Moving the Data Cache Forward
- Ten Goals Identified in the Data Cache Requirements Analysis
- Enterprise Data and Application Capability Model
- Data Dictionary Entry Builders
- Components of Data Dictionary
- Building Blocks of Data Element
- Data Packages