The Fire Shelter and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Subcommittee (FSPPES) provides interagency leadership and oversight in all areas of fire shelter and PPE program management.
- Provide input to the National Training and Development Program (NTDP) regarding fire shelter and PPE specifications.
- Support continuous improvement of fire shelters and PPE programs.
- Assist with the development of fire shelter and PPE training.
- Coordinate with NTDP and other pertinent entities to accomplish the subcommittee’s mission.
- Communicate pertinent fire shelter and PPE information effectively.
- 2022 Tech Tip – Inspecting, Cleaning, Repairing, and Retiring USDA Forest Service Chain Saw Chaps
- 2022 Tech Tip – Modified Wildland Firefighter Flame-Resistant (FR) Shirt
- 2022 Tech Tip – Women’s Firefighter Pants Reintroduced
- 2013 Tech Tip – Changes for Firefighter Pants and Shirts
- 2009 Tech Tip – Design Changes for Firefighter Pants
- 2009 Tech Tip – Firefighters’ Leather Gloves Redesigned To Be More Comfortable
Relevant LLC Publications
- Fall 2011 Two More Chains – Your Fire Shelter: Would You Hesitate Deploying It?