The Interagency Fire Unmanned Aircraft Systems Subcommittee (UASSC) provides national leadership to develop and disseminate guidance on the use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) in wildland fire management operations. Primary objectives include:
- Enable safe, effective and efficient UAS operations in the wildland fire management environment by developing and disseminating comprehensive wildland fire related UAS guidance. Include standards for UAS utilization, performance, risk management, qualifications, training, and equipment.
- Provide coordinated and unified UAS subject matter expertise to NIAC and the NWCG member agencies.
- Serve as a focal point for interagency wildland fire UAS operational initiatives, proposals, and issues.
- Identify and evaluate UAS related problems; develop and propose solutions.
- Solicit input from operations and management personnel on UAS related issues.