The National Coordination System Committee (NCSC) provides national leadership in coordination standards and procedures. The NCSC develops, disseminates, and promotes national standards for wildland fire resource mobilization/demobilization, resource statusing, incident information, and decision support.
Primary objectives include:
- Develop and support standards, processes, and tools for efficient resource mobilization/demobilization.
- Identify issues affecting the coordination system and development interagency solutions.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders changes in the coordination system.
- Provide SMEs for the NWCG training curriculum and develop employee development standards.
- Maintain robust resource ordering, reporting and decision support systems.
- Provide leadership and SMEs for various IT projects. Oversight of Change Management Boards and budget requests for IT projects. Products include training and User Guides for coordination programs.