The National Coordination System Committee (NCSC) provides national leadership to develop, disseminate, and promote national interagency standards for wildland fire resource mobilization/demobilization, resource statusing, incident information, and decision support.
- Develop and maintain standards and tools for efficient resource mobilization/demobilization.
- Identify issues affecting the coordination system and develop interagency solutions.
- Coordinate changes in the coordination system with all stakeholders.
- Maintain robust resource ordering, reporting and decision support systems.
- Contribute to the standardization of information technology systems (such as FireNet, IROC, etc.) to collect and distribute data, processes, forms, and other operational elements.