Prevent Wildfires While Target Shooting (Target near rock)
Prevent Wildfires While Target Shooting flyer.
- Bring a shovel and water or fire extinguisher to put out a fire.
- Place your targets on dirt or gravel, away from grass.
- If fire danger is high, consider shooting at an established outdoor or indoor range.
- Don’t shoot with steel core ammo.
- Exploding targets, tracer ammo and incendiary ammo are illegal on public lands.
- Don’t shoot trash like TVs or other appliances.
- Don’t smoke or park near dry grass.
US Forest Service