Incident Commander Type 5
ICT5 Qualification Requirements, 2020
- ICS-200, ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- RT-130, Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR)
- S-131, Firefighter Type 1
- Satisfactory performance as a Firefighter Type 2 (FFT2)
- AND Completion and Certification of NWCG Incident Commander Type 5 (ICT5) Position Task Book (PMS 311-14)
Note: The Firefighter Type 1 (FFT1) and Incident Commander Type 5 (ICT5) PTBs are combined. However, the positions are not combined. The FFT1 tasks are completed only once; additional tasks must be completed to meet the ICT5 level. The FFT1 and ICT5 tasks can be completed simultaneously. The required experience is satisfactory performance as a Firefighter Type 2 (FFT2).
Physical Fitness Level: Arduous
Duties involve fieldwork requiring physical performance calling for above-average endurance and superior conditioning. These duties may include an occasional demand for extraordinarily strenuous activities in emergencies under adverse environmental conditions and over extended periods of time. Requirements include running, walking, climbing, jumping, twisting, bending, and lifting more than 50 pounds; the pace of work typically is set by the emergency situation.
These Positions Maintain Currency For ICT5
ICT5 Maintains Currency For These Positions
Other Training Which Supports Development Of Knowledge And Skills
The ICT5 position is not prerequisite to the NWCG Incident Commander Type 4 (ICT4) position.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: