Situation Unit Leader
SITL Qualification Requirements, 2020
- ICS-300, Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents
- IS-800, NRF: An Introduction
- RT-130, Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR)
- Completion and Certification of NWCG Situation Unit Leader (SITL) Position Task Book (PMS 311-24)
Physical Fitness Level: Light
Duties mainly involve office-type work with occasional field activity characterized by light physical exertion requiring basic good health. Activities may include climbing stairs, standing, operating a vehicle, and long hours of work, as well as some bending, stooping, or light lifting. Individuals can usually govern the extent and pace of their physical activity.
These Positions Maintain Currency For SITL
- Field Observer (FOBS)
- Planning Section Chief Type 1 (PSC1)
- Planning Section Chief Type 2 (PSC2)
- Planning Section Chief Type 3 (PSC3)
SITL Maintains Currency For These Positions
Other Training Which Supports Development Of Knowledge And Skills
Note: Once qualified as a SITL, the PSC3 qualification may be granted by the certifying official. Certification must be documented on a “verification/certification” page of the PSC3 PTB.