RT-130, Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR)
Core Component(s): Other Hazards & Safety Issues
Estimated Delivery Time: 30 minutes; Video Length: 11:12
Take a new look at situation awareness and its complex components.
- Review the video and module tools.
- Consider additional activities and discussion questions pertinent to the location and agency.
Facilitating the Discussion
- Show the video.
- Facilitate a small or large group discussion using the discussion questions.
- What are some examples of attention traps on the fireline?
- How can you mitigate attention traps?
- How does group interaction and communication help you think critically about the situation?
- How can you participate in the group sensemaking process?
- How can you be ready to adapt your plan when the situation changes?
- Publication: Incident Response Pocket Guide (IRPG), PMS 461, specifically
- Risk Management
- Document: 6 Minutes for Safety - Situational Awareness
- Publication: Leading in the Wildland Fire Service, PMS 494
Additional Video Information
This video is also available as a download. (Size 114 MB)
Note: For Chrome and Firefox, right click the word download and select Save Link As; for Internet Explorer (IE), right click and select Save Target As.
Download the .srt file (not yet available) for closed captioning (you may need to right click and Save As). For information on how to add closed captioning to a video, see this how to page.