RT-130, Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR)
Core Component(s): Incident Reviews and Lessons Learned;
Human Factors, Communication and Decision Making
Estimated Delivery Time: 30 minutes; Video Length: 11:12
Take a new look at situation awareness and its complex components.
- Review the video and module tools.
- Consider additional activities and discussion questions pertinent to the location and agency.
Facilitating the Discussion
- Show the video.
- Facilitate a small or large group discussion using the discussion questions.
- What are some examples of attention traps on the fireline?
- How can you mitigate attention traps?
- How does group interaction and communication help you think critically about the situation?
- How can you participate in the group sensemaking process?
- How can you be ready to adapt your plan when the situation changes?
Publication: Incident Response Pocket Guide (IRPG), PMS 461, specifically
- Risk Management
- Document: 6 Minutes for Safety - Situational Awareness
- Publication: Leading in the Wildland Fire Service, PMS 494
Additional Video Information
This video is also available as a download. (Size 114 MB)
Download the .srt file for closed captioning (you may need to right click and Save As). For information on how to add closed captioning to a video, see this how to page.
Note: For Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, right click the word download and select Save Link As; for Internet Explorer (IE), right click and select Save Target As.