Base Camp Manager, BCMG
- Develops safe traffic/personnel flow patterns.
- Plan for contingencies such as wet weather, equipment breakdown, unanticipated fire behavior and inversions.
- Establishes priorities and schedules for daily maintenance and service of incident facility installation. Eg. Toilets, trash pickup, generators, dust abatement, bulletin boards, office space, etc.
- Provides daily inspections of all facilities and make improvements for safety and health code compliance and violation.
- Coordinates with local unit on policy regarding recycling of appropriate materials.
- Obtains a briefing from supervisor, Facilities Unit Leader.
- Provides for the safety and welfare of assigned personnel to the incident.
- Establishes and maintain positive internal and external interpersonal working relationships.
- Upon arrival, determines immediate needs and actions necessary for camp (base or spike) facilities set up.
- Communicates with Facilities Unit, crew, and other incident personnel.
- Ensures that all facilities and equipment are set up and functioning properly.
- Determines and establishes special requirements or restrictions on facilities
- Supervises set up of sleeping, shower, and sanitation facilities.
- Supervises camp crew, and trade specialists.
- Ensures compliance with applicable safety regulations.
- Ensures paperwork (shift tickets and time reports) are complete, accurate and timely.
- Provides operation and maintenance of camp facilities.
- Rehabs camp site to standards set by agency administrator.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements:
- Basic knowledge in electricity, small engine maintenance, sanitation, and carpentry.
- Successful position performance as a BCMG.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: