Communications Unit Leader, COML
- Provides communications support for internal and external data communications.
- Orders AM/FM frequencies following the proper procedures.
- Develops installation priorities, while adhering to safety standards regarding communication needs of tactical personnel, i.e., operations before logistics.
- Obtains a briefing from supervisor, Logistics Section Chief.
- Provides for the safety and welfare of assigned personnel to the incident.
- Establishes and maintains positive internal and external interpersonal working relationships.
- Maintain unit log.
- Prepares and implements the Incident Communications Plan (ICS 205).
- Establishes the communications and message centers.
- Sets up telephone and public address systems.
- Provides technical information, as required, on limitations and adequacy of communication systems in use, equipment capabilities, equipment available, and potential problems.
- Participates at logistics planning meetings.
- Determines requirements for communications and personnel needs for unit and places order.
- Organizes and provides supervision for Unit.
- Participates at incident planning meetings as a communications technical expert.
- Designs and installs communication system for incident needs.
- Assigns communication equipment to incident personnel.
- Establishes and manages incident communications center.
- Coordinates frequencies with NIFC and local agencies.
- Maintains records and provides for accountability of all communications equipment.
- Demobilizes all incident communication equipment and unit personnel.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Good understanding of capabilities and limitations of different types of communication equipment.
- Qualified as Incident Communications Technician and Incident Communications Center Manager.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: