Engine Operator, ENOP
- Drives engine to fire locations.
- Performs or directs others in starting pump engine, priming pump, adjusting engine speed and pump valves, laying hose, appropriate nozzle use, effective use of water and additives.
- Inspects, checks, services and adjusts the pump, hose lays, tank and reels for equipment readiness.
- Inspects and services hand fire tools.
- Identifies capability of engine and assigned personnel.
- Coordinates and communicates with adjacent forces.
- Locates and maps water sources.
- Identifies and corrects performance deficiencies.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements (from FSH 5109.17)
- Qualified FFT1
- Satisfactory performance and ENOP Trainee.
- May include attendance at the Geographic Area Engine Academy.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: