Food Unit Leader, FDUL
- Reviews food unit layout with contractor to determine needs and/or changes.
- Develops menu content with contractor.
- Reviews and approve suggested menus to determine if menu content, variety, and serving sizes meet or exceed contract specifications.
- Monitors food service to determine if improvements are needed in food handling, cooking, food preparation and storage.
- Obtains feedback from incident personnel on adequacy of food serviced.
- Conducts periodic inspections to ensure quality control standards of all meals and equipment are met.
- Coordinates with contractor on meal count, number of meals ordered, meal scheduling and food handling requirements.
- Ensures that special meal requirements are recognized and met.
- Reviews and approves invoices and evaluations with contractor and disburse copies to appropriate personnel.
- Ensures all inappropriate actions involving contractor personnel are reported to the contracting officer or COTR using appropriate procedures.
- Ensures requested time frames are met.
- Obtains a briefing from supervisor, Logistics Section Chief.
- Provides for the safety and welfare of assigned personnel to the incident.
- Establishes and maintains positive internal and external interpersonal working relationships.
- Maintains unit log.
- Participates at logistics planning meetings.
- Determines requirements for type of food service and personnel needs for unit and place order.
- Organizes and provides supervision for unit.
- Establishes support system with other units.
- Serves as contract administrator for national interagency mobile food service contract if used.
- Ensures all health and safety requirements are met.
- Maintains records of meals ordered and served.
- Demobilizes mobile food unit in accordance with national policy.
- Completes any required performance evaluations of kitchen and unit subordinates.
- Conducts routine inspections.
- May supervise camp crew.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Good understanding of national contract requirements.
- Understanding of nutritional needs of firefighters.
- S-357, Food Unit Leader
- Knowledge of safe food handling.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: