Helibase Manager Type 2 (1-5 helicopters), HEB2
- Receives mission priorities and develops schedule based upon Incident Action Plan (IAP).
- Inspects, approves, and numbers helispots (location, limitations as to type of aircraft).
- Reviews and implements helibase checklist (medivac plan, crash rescue plan, flight following, flight hazards, communication plan, helibase layout, orders sanitation facilities, provides safety equipment, etc.).
- Briefs and debriefs aircrews and helitack.
- Checks pilot aircraft cards, helitack crewmembers qualifications.
- Establishes approach/departure paths for aircraft.
- Checks load calculations for accuracy, completeness, and currency.
- Coordinates with ASGS on input to Air Operations Summary, mission objectives/priorities, and maintenance schedules/breakdowns.
- Coordinates with ATGS on flight following and support to tactical missions.
- Manages resource/supplies dispatched to helibase.
- Insures helibase is posted and cordoned.
- Manages retardant mixing and loading operations.
- Insures helicopter fueling, maintenance, and repair services are provided.
- Insures dust abatement is provided and used at helibase/helispots.
- Insures security is provided at each helibase/helispots.
- Span of control involves 3 or less helicopters.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- S-371, Helibase Manager.
- Qualified Helicopter Manager.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: