Human Resource Specialist, HRSP
- Maintains current working knowledge of human resource practices regarding the scope of potential issues which may arise in a fire camp situation.
- Is aware of union and other potential regulations involving personnel actions.
- Professionalism and diplomacy are primary factors for successful performance.
- Contacts home units of individuals involved in inappropriate activities.
- Performs role of ‘guidance counselor, grief counselor, etc.’
- Assembles agency information for use in briefings, Incident Action Plans (IAPs), answering requests, and resolving problems.
- Conducts appropriate periodic briefings to keep cooperating agencies informed of problems, concerns, and issues.
- Maintains appropriate visibility and document contacts made during incident.
- Interacts and coordinates with all command and general staff by informing them of inappropriate practices or activities existing and assists in resolving inappropriate acts or conditions by facilitating appropriate process.
- Provides accurate and timely advice and assistance in response to requests for information or resolution of problems and issues.
- Orders additional HRSP if needed.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- S-340, Human Resource Specialist
- Triennial RT-340, Human Resource specialist Refresher Workshop
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: