Security Manager, SECM
- Contacts local agency representatives to discuss any special requirements that affect security operations. Takes actions necessary to address those concerns and meet special requirements. Documents concerns, requirements and resulting actions in security plan.
- Through coordination with Command and General Staff, develops and implement a security plan.
- Establishes procedures for meeting general public at access points to incident. Maintains a positive relationship with those who ‘visit’ the incident area.
- Obtains a briefing from supervisor.
- Provides for the safety and welfare of assigned personnel to the incident.
- Establishes and maintains positive internal and external interpersonal working relationships.
- Establishes contact with local law enforcement agencies to clarify authority and jurisdiction.
- Coordinates sensitive security activities with appropriate incident personnel.
- Orders needed personnel for unit.
- Organizes and supervise unit.
- Maintains unit log.
- Provides for security during demobilization of resources.
- Documents all complaints and suspicious occurrences.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Successful position performance as a SECM.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: