Supply Unit Leader, SPUL
- Establishes layout of supply area to include space for ordering, tool sharpening, receiving and distribution, ensures adequate space for expansion, and provides shelter from the elements.
- Ensures that internal and external ordering procedures have been implemented by the ORDM.
- Identifies and develops lists of resources that will be needed in subsequent operational periods.
- Maintains quantities of supplies and materials at a level to prevent a shortage of basic needed items.
- Provides for resource order tracking.
- Provides alternative use of supplies and equipment to Operations Section to assist them in suppression efforts.
- Ensures efficient use of available transportation for backhaul of excess equipment/supplies.
- Obtains a briefing from supervisor, the Logistics Section Chief.
- Provides for the safety and welfare of assigned personnel to the incident.
- Establishes and maintains positive internal and external interpersonal working relationships.
- Maintains unit log.
- Participates at logistics planning meetings.
- Determines requirements for supplies, materials and personnel needs for unit and place order.
- Organizes and provides supervision for unit.
- Processes all orders for personnel, equipment, and supplies for the incident.
- Receives, stores, and distributes all supplies and equipment.
- Maintains an inventory and accountability record for all supplies and equipment.
- Services reusable equipment.
- Develops security for the unit.
- Demobilizes or transitions all supplies, equipment, and unit personnel.
- Responsible for proper disposal of expendable supplies and hazardous waste.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Good understanding of national cache catalog.
- Good understanding of where or how to get local supplies and equipment.
- Qualified as ORDM and RCDM.
- Knowledge of storage, transportation and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Sufficient knowledge of suppression operations techniques and tactics to ensure capability of meeting operations’ needs.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: