The National Interagency Support Cache Manager Unit (NISC-MU) provides national leadership in the development and implementation of interagency standards for supply chain management for emergency incident response. Primary duties include:
- Facilitate standardization of NISC administrative and operational processes.
- Develop and implement new standards, new items, transition and/or disposal plans, personnel qualifications, training standards, and quality control measures related to the NISC system.
- Establish and implement geographic area communication and representation standards to ensure a coordinated and effective national voice for cache managers.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for NISC operations across the supply chain system.
- Identify NISC operations issues; develop and implement corrective actions.
- Review/identify critical items/shortages within the NISC system and provide recommendations for mitigation.
- Research, identify and develop opportunities for operational and cost efficiencies, capacity and products.