The Educational Technology Subcommittee (ETS) provides national leadership for the effective and efficient use of educational technology in response to the needs, direction, and support of the national wildland fire training effort.
- Understand the Wildland Fire Learning Portal (WFLP) capabilities, based on functionality. Research and identify additional needs and instructional media that will enhance course delivery while conforming to information technology regulations.
- Define virtual course delivery terminology and types of course delivery configurations.
- Identify NWCG courses that can be delivered within the definitions/configurations of various virtual delivery options.
- Compile lessons learned and best management practices for delivery of courses in the WFLP.
- Identify training that further supports course instructors and coordinators in the use of instructor-led delivery and virtual instructor-led delivery techniques and advanced use of the WFLP.
- Identify procedures and guidance on day-to-day training related business practices affecting all stakeholders. Draft procedures for consideration, as needed.
- Support the WFLP Governance Board as subject matter experts (e.g., end user guides, existing tools such as communities of practice).
- Identify new and existing technologies and innovations that enhance course delivery.
- Contribute to the standardization of information technology systems (such as FireNet, IROC, etc.) to collect and distribute data, processes, forms, and other operational elements.