The Fire Use Subcommittee (FUSC) provides national leadership in the use of fire to meet management objectives. The FUSC is responsible for developing and disseminating standards, qualifications, training, certification, and best practices in the use of fire.
- Enable the safe, carefully planned, and cost-efficient use of wildland fire (both prescribed fire and wildfire) to restore natural ecological processes and functions, and to achieve land-management objectives.
- Develop and disseminate unified direction and standardized procedures and practices for prescribed fire planning and implementation.
- Establish standardized wildland fire terminology and definitions.
- Promote science that enhances and support the advantageous use of fire.
- Promote the integration of using fire and associated fire effects into land management decision-making.
Prescribed Fire Complexity Analysis Webinar
View the webinar to assist users with filling out the new Prescribed Fire Summary and Final Complexity Worksheet, PMS 424-1.
No Additional Resources At This Time