The Fire Use Subcommittee (FUSC) provides national leadership in the use of fire to meet management objectives. The FUSC is responsible for developing and disseminating standards, qualifications, training, certification, and best practices in the use of fire.
- Enable the safe, carefully planned, and cost-efficient use of prescribed fire to restore natural ecological processes and functions, and to achieve land-management objectives.
- Develop and disseminate unified direction and standardized procedures and practices for prescribed fire planning and implementation.
- Establish standardized prescribed fire terminology and definitions.
- Promote science based on the use of fire practices.
- Promote the integration of the use of fire and effects into land management decision-making.
Prescribed Fire Complexity Analysis Webinar
View the webinar to assist users with filling out the new Prescribed Fire Summary and Final Complexity Worksheet, PMS 424-1.